Friday, May 7, 2010

Momma...

Ah, for those of you, Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday, but what better way for us to celebrate than with a little rock n' roll.

So I made these selections, obviously not leaving out Marilyn Manson. Here's a rare song that was meant to be included for Holywood (in the shadow of the Valley of Death) which was called "Little Child" (also known as Mommy Dear or Mon Enfant).


The song was unoficially released as a podcast into one minute low-quality, along with other B-sides to say such as "Jack Eats Dinner" and "The Compass And The Ruler" and a fourth song in high-quality named "Sick City".

Here are some of the lyrics:

Mommy dear tell me please, is the world really round?
Tell me where is the bluebird of happiness found
Tell me why is the sky up above us so blue
And when you were a child, did your mommy tell you
What becomes...

Suspiciously some of the words resemble Pink Floyd's "The Wall" called "The Thin Ice":

Momma loves her baby
And Daddy loves you to
And the sea may look warm to you Babe
And the sky may look blue
Ooooh Babe
Ooooh Baby Blue
Ooooh Babe

and if you compare it to a scene taken from Disney's "Alice In Wonderland" and the song "A World of My own" (referring to the blue bird of happiness)



There'd be new birds
Lots of nice and friendly
How-do'ya do birds
Everyone would have
A dozen blue birds
Within that world of my own


On the other hand we have this song from Daniel Lioneye called "Lonely Road"; a side project from the Finnish band HIM. The original recording is considered as "stoner rock", slow tempo kind of thing. Here are the lyrics:

Mama, it's a lonely lonely road
I gotta do this on my own
Lonely Lonely road

Mama, it's just like you said
Oh It's imaginable
I'll Soon Be Dead
It's just like you said

Mama, mama, I ain't goin home
Mama, mama I am so alone
Mama, mama I ain't goin home
Cause it's a lonely lonely road

Mama, its been taking me
a while to understand
why this life treats a man
and while to understand
mama, I can't sleep that well at night
nobody is holding me tight
mama its just like you said

Mama, mama, I ain't goin home
Mama, mama, I am so alone
Mama, mama, It's a lonely lonely road
Oh I am so in love
So in love
so in love Yeh
It's a lonely road


The song was released in 2001 as part of the album "The King of Rock and Roll" (you might remember the title track in Bam Margera's "Viva la Bam" series). Later on, acoustic versions were played by HIM's frontman Ville Valo with a somewhat blues style. So technically there are two versions out there, but I'd go with Ville's.



So, if you have nothing better to give mommy this weekend, give these nice tunes!

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment