Monday, August 16, 2010

The Flowers Of Evil...

WARNING:  This part might still be nonsense, but it´s inspired from the previous post and other things, we´re almost near the Queen Of Hearts´ palace


                                     

The White Rabbit began a new transformation as his symbolic "birthday" arrived revealing the shape of a full-fledged blood-thirsty killer. But it seems facing the Queen wouldn´t be that simple; the way was paved by a garden of evil flowers...


"I should see the garden far better,' said Alice to herself, `if I could get to the top of that hill: and here's a path that leads straight to it -- at least, no, it doesn't do that -- ' (after going a few yards along the path, and turning several sharp corners), `but I suppose it will at last. But how curiously it twists! It's more like a corkscrew than a path! Well, this turn goes to the hill, I suppose -- no, it doesn't! This goes straight back to the house! Well then, I'll try it the other way.' 
(from "Through The Looking Glass And What Alice Found There"). 


How very curious, for "You And Me And The Devil Makes Three" begins:


     " I'm just like rolling a stone up
    a hill in the Hades
    if you want to lie with me
    you're going to be a liar."

For all we know Alice stepped into a garden of live flowers. She saw this new wonder as well: a live white rose.

Another example of the white rose, a connection
with the Mystic Rose.

But as she bravely approached the badlands with Mr. Rabbit on her back, she encountered a seductive crimson field with a rather queer looking flower.

Untitled picture by Perou depicting the garden of poppies,
flowers of evil?

Les Fleurs Du Mal, a watercolor painting by MM.


An example of an actual opium flower.

Artwork for EAT ME, DRINK ME´s booklet,
adopting a more vampiric image.

I found it very curious that in another world called Oz the Wicked Witch Of The West had the similar kind of weaponry:

Dorothy falls asleep in the field of poppies.


"Watch out, watch out, dear Alice!" shouted The White Rabbit. " I should have told you about this earlier.  As soon as you lay your head on this bed of crimson flowers the Queen shall have you beheaded in an instant!"

"My, then Her Majesty is playing a rather deadly game, isn´t she? I´m not afraid," said Alice quite confident. "You always led the way, now I ask you once again, what shall we do this time?"

The White Rabbit jumped into Alice´s arms and whispered softly as he intentionally started at her with gleaming eyes, 

EAT ME, DRINK ME, this is only a game...

"I beg you pardon?" she responded.


Scene from Disney´s "Alice In Wonderland". In the original story
Alice drank from the DRINK ME bottle to grow larger...
However the cookie jar resembles a chalice.

"Remember the day you went to my house? When you EAT ME you shrink, when you DRINK ME you grow. A wise man like most of the folk stuck down this hole once said :

"This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

"I am life and death as well, love and hate, drink from my blood and you shall grow just enough to take this bouquet of knives and slay the Queen."

At this point Alice stopped feeling like a child, but when she stared at those big round eyes from that cuddly furball she just couldn´t say no.


"Murdercute happyrape, murdercute happy, happy, happyrape killer."

 `It was much pleasanter at home,' thought poor Alice, `when one wasn't always growing larger and smaller, and being ordered about by mice and rabbits. I almost wish I hadn't gone down that rabbit-hole--and yet--and yet--it's rather curious, you know, this sort of life! 


(from Chapter 4: The Rabbit Sends In A Little Bill)




With blood-shot eyes Alice felt ready to take on the wicked Queen and her insignificant pack of cards, but something inside of her was growing and growing besides her size...


"Soon, my dear Rabbit soon, these knives look like sharp teeth..."

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment