Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waking Eyes (Part 2 of Bitter End).



"I refuse to be a Queen, I refuse to control even the smallest of creatures, let them be in control of themselves, specially you, White Rabbit, " These were Alice´s last words. "Break up, break up, wake up, wake up...

...wake up, wake up!"

1. Monologue from Manson.

"All these visions, what a hell of a storm. Damn, how long was I dozed off?  Almost twenty minutes. 6:19 A.M on the grandfather´s clock. The roof of the house looked so huge and I, I was so small to jump....the full Moon filled me. I feel nourished now, my senses are highlighted.



I am normally not a man of faith but I kept a Bible opened by my night table in a passage, Matthew 6:19:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

I possessed her, but I didn´t want her to be another one of my possessions.

What´s today, I hate keeping a notion of time, I always feel like the goddam White Rabbit...

CHRISTMAS. Of course, another chance, a time for rebirth. The ghosts are no longer lurking around the corners of the house. But there´s one I still remember:


"Still she haunts me, phantomwise,
Alice moving under skies
Never seen by waking eyes."

I smiled. Something tells me I will see her with waking eyes soon."

This story hasn´t ended yet...

2. EPILOGUE:

Looking for literary and visual parallels between  Alice In Wonderland, EAT ME, DRINK ME and vampirism was amazing. It shows us that imagination soars whenever you have the chance to listen to the record.

We gladly put it out of the vault because it was somewhat underrated and it deserved to have a second look. Manson´s music has always been filled with tons of references, including symbolism. If you have it, treasure it, it´s not just a possession. The order in which the songs were reviewed was arranged to fit more or less the storyline of Alice In Wonderland and here´s how it ended:

1. If I Was Your Vampire (Chapter I: Down the Rabbit-Hole)
2. Putting Holes In Happiness (Chapter I: Down the Rabbit-Hole, Chapter II: The Pool of Tears)
3. Just A Car Crash Away (Chapter II: The Pool of Tears, Chapter III: A Caucus-Race and a Long Tale)
4. They Say That Hell´s Not Hot (Chapter III: A Caucus-Race and a Long Tale, Chapter IV: The Rabbit Sends in a Little Bill)
5. "Are You The Rabbit?" (Chapter V: Advice from a Caterpillar, Chapter VI: Pig and Pepper)
6. Heart-Shaped Glasses (Chapter VII: A Mad Tea-Party)
7. Evidence (Chapter VIII: The Queen's Croquet-Ground)
8. The Red Carpet Grave (Chapter XI: Who Stole the Tarts?)
9. Mutilation Is The Most Sincere Form Of Flattery (none)
10. You And Me And The Devil Makes Three (Chapter 2 - The Garden of Live Flowers)
11. EAT ME, DRINK ME (Chapter 2 - The Garden of Live Flowers, A boat beneath a sunny sky)

Of course, not all the chapters were included, while other characters were not mentioned. Thus, there are other similarities:

- Did you know that Alice In Wonderland  and Through The Looking Glass consist of twelve chapters each, while EAT ME, DRINK ME has eleven studio songs and an extra track, making that 12.

- 11 is a very symbolic number as well.  In "Through The Looking Glass" Alice beats the Red Queen in eleven moves (see: http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/books/2chess.html) while in Chapter 11  and 12 of "Alice In Wonderland" Alice is put into a trial and comes out victorious of Wonderland? Plus, the album ends in Track 11: EAT ME, DRINK ME, which mentions:


    But then our star rushes in,
    feeling like a child and looking
    like a woman...
    She has been forecast with an
    attempt to kill ourself,
    but the ending didn't test well.
    
    She has been forecast with an
    attempt to kill ourself,
    but the ending didn't test well.


This was just an experiment for inspirational purposes, thanks for reading More to come soon!

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment