Monday, August 9, 2010

Some Very Good Advice...

WARNING: This next part is introspective. The songs are analyzed with the Alice In Wonderland storyline, so never mind the order in which they appear in the album, but we do respect it anyway...



"Love is a fire, burns down all that sees..."

So after the fire, there's nothing but ashes left. What a sad crime scene, for there should have been a phoenix bird rising from the ashes, instead:

"I came out of this naked, a featherless bird," MM.

And exactly how does one come out of this predicament, how to grow and come back to normal size. Is it by introspection:

"The greatness of a man's power is the measure of his surrender."
William Booth

If these words applied to the song, these lyrics could explain the concept of being powerless.

"And so I'm waiting
With the sound turned off
I'm waiting
Like a glass balloon
And I'm fading
Into the void and then
I'm gone, I'm gone, I'm gone..."

The Caterpillar said to Alice when she was confused:

`Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar.

This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'

`What do you mean by that?' said the Caterpillar sternly. `Explain yourself!'

`I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, `because I'm not myself, you see.'

`I don't see,' said the Caterpillar.

`I'm afraid I can't put it more clearly,' Alice replied very politely, `for I can't understand it myself to begin with; and being so many different sizes in a day is very confusing.'



`Keep your temper,' said the Caterpillar.


Still confused?

But a second analysis of the lyrics in "They Say That Hell's Not Hot":

"I kill myself in small amounts

In each relationship it's not
About love.
Just another funeral and
Just another girl left in tears."

If fire is the same as love, then the part of "In each relationship it's not about love," tells us that there is no fire, no passion, nothing.

"And so I'm waiting

With the sound turned off
I'm waiting
Like a glass balloon
And I'm fading
Into the void and then
I'm gone, I'm gone, I'm gone..."

The "glass balloon" has also been referred in alchemy as a flask. Take a look at this part:

To keep fire in a glasse, that whilest the glasse is shut will not burne, but as soone as it it opened will be inflamed. (John French, The Art of Distillation, London 1651)


Applied to human emotions, fire will not burn if it's contained, if the glass is not opened it will last for thousands of years.

Still confused? The Caterpillar said as he smoked on his hookah:


`What size do you want to be?' it asked.

`Oh, I'm not particular as to size,' Alice hastily replied; `only one doesn't like changing so often, you know.'

`I DON'T know,' said the Caterpillar.

Alice said nothing: she had never been so much contradicted in her life before, and she felt that she was losing her temper.

Patience, patience, little dears, the answers will come soon. While trying to answer so many questions, a tranformation or mutation begins for Manson.

And we close this part with a clever quote from Jodorowsky:

"What is the definition of alchemy? It's the spiritualization of matter and a materialization of the spirit. What is at the bottom is like what is at the top. A demon is an angel fallen to Earth, an angel is a demon raised to Heaven."


`Serpent!' screamed the Pigeon.
`I'm NOT a serpent!' said Alice indignantly. `Let me alone!'



1 comentarios:

ivorybow said...

Very in depth analysis! I am really impressed with your site. I am a die Manson aficionado for many years and have a very nice collection of material myself, but I never did anything with it publicly. Your site is very intelligent. In my opinion, Manson is one of the only authentic artists producing today. Everything else is mostly corporate product.

Post a Comment