Sunday, August 15, 2010

Today Is My Birthday...

WARNING: These next lines are inspired by the evidence found recently by comparing the album EAT ME, DRINK ME with Alice In Wonderland.


"No more unbirthdays for me!", shouted the White Rabbit jumping with joy.

"I dreamed I stopped by a forest and as I walked through I saw a bunch of rabbits, of all shapes and sizes, but most of them were golden brown.

I tried to reach them but I was stopped by a small snake. It's one of those that's usually striped in it was poisonous. I grabbed the beast and I attempted to kill it not caring whether it bit me. A while later I discovered it wasn't real, it was mechanical; a pathetic mechanical animal. Why would an insignificant slithering creature have such a huge strength?

And then I remembered, that was no snake! It's the Queen Of Hearts in disguise, she always does this! How I wanted to behead her, I felt that I could do it so easily."

Alice woke up and said smiling, "I felt it too, but in a different way!"

I had a dream, this dream I feel the need to mention, I was happy for a while and I stopped being scared.

And The White Rabbit continued sobbing, "And as I watched that I heard this song:

"Hush now baby, baby, dont you cry.
Mother's gonna make all your nightmares come true.
Mother's gonna put all her fears into you.
Mother's gonna keep you right here under her wing.
She wont let you fly, but she might let you sing.
Mama will keep baby cozy and warm.
Ooooh baby ooooh baby oooooh baby,
Of course mama'll help to build the wall."


(Mother, from Pink Floyd´s The Wall)


"She wouldn't hurt me, but she'll never let me go, she's got me in her clutches. Do you honestly think I can get rid of her for good?" asked The White Rabbit quite timidly.

"Not really, in a way she'll always haunt us," answered Alice. But for now we can only remove one of her many heads, specially the one that you fear the most.

"Absolutely! Today we celebrate, since is her unbirthday."

The unbirthday is the opposite of the celebration of being born. While it's an apparent nonsense and a chance for more fun, it has a terrible darkside, it's like turning back time, in other words, something worse than Death.

When the Death Tarot Card is upside down it's quite clear that this means being caught in the inescapable, not being born, which means the unbirthdays shouldn't be happening in the real world.

Death Card in right position. The white rose is
drawn in the manner of the Rosacrucian symbol,
which explains Alice In Wonderland´s connection with
the world of the Occult. 
Example of a Rosacrucian symbol.
As a matter of fact it has been said that
Lewis Carroll belong to these secret orders.



Death Card, upside down. When it´s shown in this position
means lack of progress or awareness, interrupting the natural course of life,
exposing why the Victorian era in which the Alice book were written
could have been repressive for the artists and thinkers of the time.
"We planted the white roses by mistake", but then again it could
have meant a symbol of their faith


The Rosa Mystica applied in "Rozen Maiden" a popular anime that is
heavily inspired by Alice In Wonderland. The rose is the element that
keeps the dolls alive.


"The white roses the Clovers planted, was that really a mistake dear Rabbit?" asked Alice.

"I hardly believe so..."

If you notice The Death Tarot Card carries a flag with a White Rose on it. The origin comes from the Mystic Rose, which means life or rebirth.

"But then how are we to give birth by killing?"

"Isn't it obvious, she doesn't give death..." said The White Rabbit.

Soon, we will be able to plant as many White Roses as we want then, what a curious afternoon this has turned out to be!

Notice how at this point Alice/Lolita and The White Rabbit/Manson characters and their universe have found a common ground:

- Both agree that a change is needed against a society which has failed to evolve.


- Both have hidden messages and inspire to research occult themes.


- They are free spirited and are determined to speak their minds. They want to wake up, they want to be born.
 
From "Phantasmagoria". Observe that so-called White Rabbit has
a black band around his eyes, like eyeliner.They are actually born this way.
It remains caged. Do you see if it resembles anybody you know?
Artwork for EAT ME, DRINK ME´s booklet which shows Manson
below the lyrics to "Are You The Rabbit?", coincidence?


Alice and The White Rabbit reunite. Thus, a new journey begins...



"Yesterday everything, I thought I believed in died,  but today is my birthday,"  

(from "15" in The High End Of Low)


0 comentarios:

Post a Comment